Tuesday 23 September 2014

The Call



The sun is shining above you
Can u hear the song?
Can u see the bird?
Can u hear the rain?
Can u feel me close, whispering in your ear?

The sun is shining above you
Can u smell the grass?
Can u touch the flower?
Can u hear the bees’ wing?
Can you see me smile at you?

The sun is shining above you
Can u see the blue hills far away?
Can you reach the treetop?
Can you aim for the blue, blue sky?
Can u feel my arms around, holding you close?

The sun is shining above you
Can u climb the fresh haystack?
Can u grasp the floating feather?
Can u hold the fleeting cloud?
Can u see me reach for you?

The stars have come out
Can u see them sparkle?
Can u see the dark night looming?
Can u see the moon hiding behind the clouds?
Can u see me walking, leaving, going….

Are you calling me back?
Are you hoping I will turn back?
Was this not the story you wrote?
Was this not the climax you sought?
Will you come for me? 


No comments:

Post a Comment